101 famous quotes from Alice in Wonderland
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is the full title of the popular 1865 novel known as “Alice in Wonderland.” The novel, written by Charles Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll, tells the story of young Alice, who falls down a rabbit hole into a world full of mystery and the unexpected.
“More and more curious”
is a quote from Alice in Wonderland. Find more funny quotes in 101 famous quotes from Alice in Wonderland by clicking here – Official site:
Do you like Alice in Wonderland?
The novel is both a beloved children’s book and a satire of Victorian society. It addresses themes such as coming of age, the search for meaning and the reality of death. Older Victorian readers viewed the novel as a satire of certain aspects of society and the legal system.
Many of us can relate Alice in Wonderland. Besides the brave heroine, the funny characters and the magical world, this legendary story contains many life lessons.
One of Alice’s best qualities was her refusal to let others define what was impossible for her.
Likewise, we should not worry about what others consider difficult. We must set ourselves ambitious goals and work tirelessly to achieve them.
Although comfort zones may seem safe, never be afraid to take risks. Be willing to take risks and be prepared for whatever comes your way. Only by venturing into the unknown will you discover what lies on the other side.
Choose to be a wildflower rather than a wallflower, like Alice. Rather than just existing, go out and be whoever you want to be, and make the impossible possible.
These Alice quotes are from Lewis Carroll’s books ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘On the other side of the mirror’. Enjoy!
‘101 famous quotes from Alice in Wonderland’
- “It was much nicer at home, when we weren’t always getting bigger and we weren’t always shrinking, and being ruled by mice and rabbits.”
- “Maybe it’s always the pepper that makes people angry.”
- “What good is a book without pictures or conversations?”
“If you are going to turn into a pig, my dear, I will have nothing more to do with you.”
- “It would be so nice if something made sense to change.”
- “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
- “Only a few find the way, some don’t recognize it when they do – some… never want to do it.”
- “Well, I’ve never heard it before, but that sounds absurd.”
- “Alice had begun to think that very few things were truly impossible.”
- “Begin at the beginning,” said the king very gravely, “and continue until you come to the end: then stop.”
- “When you understand this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.
- “Never let anyone drive you crazy; it’s nearby anyway and the walk is good for you.”
- “If there’s no sense in that,” King said, “it saves a world of trouble, you know, because we don’t have to try to find any.”
- “Some go this way. Some go this way. But me, me, personally, I prefer the shortcut.
- “We are all mad here.”
- Cheshire Cat: “By the way, what happened to the baby?”
Alice: “He turned into a pig.”
Cheshire Cat: “I thought it would.”
- “You see, a dog growls when angry and wags its tail when pleased. Now I growl when I’m happy and wag my tail when I’m angry. So I’m crazy!
- Alice: “How do I get out of here?”
Cheshire Cat: “It depends a lot on where you want to go.”
Alice: “I don’t care where as long as I get somewhere.”
Cheshire Cat: “Oh, you’re sure to, if you walk long enough!” »
Cheshire Cat – the character
Cheshire Cat is one of the most endearing characters in “Alice in Wonderland”. He is wise but very cheeky. He teaches Alice the “rules” of Wonderland and gives her insight into how things work there. Its owner is the Duchess.
The Cheshire Cat always has a huge smile on its face and it can appear from anywhere and disappear into thin air. The most extraordinary thing, when he decides to slowly disappear, is that the last thing we see after him is his big smile.
Here is what Alice comments about the Cheshire Cat:
“I have often seen a cat without a smile, but a smile without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I’ve ever seen in my life!
Here are the Top 5 Original Mad Hatter Quotes from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland:
1. “Why does a crow look like a desk?” »
2. “Does your watch tell you the year?”
3. “Your hair wants to be cut.”
4. “You mean you can’t take less; it’s very easy to take more than nothing.
5. “I can’t go any lower, I’m on the floor like this.”
Here are the Top 5 Famous Red Queen & Queen of Hearts Quotes
The Queen of Hearts quotes (1,2) are from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Red Queen’s quotes (3-5) are from her next book “Through the Looking Glass”.
1. “Cut off his head!” »
2. “Now I give you fair warning, either you or your head must be extinguished, and that in about half a time! Take your pick!”
3. “Look up, speak nicely, and don’t twist your fingers all the time.”
4. “Do the curtsey while you’re thinking about what to say, it saves you time.”
5. “It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place. If you want to go somewhere else, you have to run at least twice as fast as that!
Reviews of Alice in Wonderland
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. In this book, Alice follows a busy white rabbit down a rabbit hole. This adventure takes Alice from bizarre situations to bizarre situations. Alice encounters extraordinary characters and must make sense of the mischief the creatures of Wonderland engage her in along the way. Clever word play keeps “kids” of all ages interested.
- This stunning new edition of a childhood favorite, reimagined by Kate Greenaway Medal winner Grahame Baker, Smith’s will transport a whole new generation of readers down the rabbit hole and into wonderland.
- This edition of the book is fantastic from start to finish. Starting with the blanket, the color is gorgeous and the texture is so soft you can’t stop rubbing your hand on it. The interior is also remarkable.
- There are full-page color illustrations, small brown or blue illustrations scattered throughout, and sometimes a medium-sized image. These illustrations are divine. They catch the eye and are a pleasure to watch.
- This is a book that can be given as a gift to an adult or a child. This copy is fantastic. Pictures help you understand what’s going on in the text, and this book does a great job of that.
- If you have any questions, you can email us at [email protected]
Alice in Wonderland eBook
Obtain Alice in Wonderland eBook online today and start having fun right now after downloading it on your computer or laptop.
100% risk-free money back guarantee
What is the most famous quote from Alice in Wonderland?
The most famous quote from Alice in Wonderland is “More and more curious!”. Apart from this, there are also many other famous quotes.
What is Alice’s message?
Alice’s message in the famous novel Alice in Wonderland is that you should never be afraid to take risks. Be brave and prepare for whatever lies ahead. Only by venturing into the unknown will you discover what lies on the other side.
What did Alice in Wonderland say?
Alice in Wonderland said: “If I had a world of my own, everything would be absurd”.
What is Alice’s moral?
The moral of Alice in Wonderland is that while taking risks can be scary, standing still can be even scarier. We don’t grow unless we take risks and challenge ourselves. We shouldn’t do that; after all, we weren’t invited, and curiosity often leads to disaster.
What does Alice symbolize?
Alice, as a symbol of curiosity in the novel, is always on the lookout for the truth behind everything, her rationality – despite her antipathy – intact and never to be subjugated. Alice eventually wakes up from her dream, still curious about what is going on around her.
These Alice in wonderland quotes are fun and unexpected. They remind many people of their childhood and their own trip down the rabbit hole with Alice. They also remind us of the confusion and inability of our youth to navigate the many changes in our lives.
They bring out both the most serious child and adult in us, allowing us to more clearly examine the customs and conventions of our world. Enjoy these wonderful Alice quotes and keep in mind that life is ultimately pretty silly.
101 Alice in Wonderland Quotes Clever and whimsical quotes from Lewis Carroll’s books. Click here!