Paramount + unveils ‘Big Nate’ voice cast, coming 2022
The misadventures of Grand Nate arrive at Paramount +. Nickelodeon Animation Studio’s all-new animated series is based on the best-selling children’s books and comics written and drawn by acclaimed author and cartoonist Lincoln Peirce. Scheduled to debut early next year on Paramount + in the US, Latin America, Canada and Australia, the eponymous 26-episode series follows Nate, a precocious 11-year-old boy, and his best friends as ‘they navigate college with humor and style.
Paramount + Grand Nate The animated series will feature all-new original stories centered around Nate, a sixth-grader who has an endless need to prove his genius to the world. Whether it’s disasters at home or detention at school, Nate Wright is no stranger to challenges. Fortunately, he is able to express himself through the cartoon world he creates. Charming, mischievous, and mischievous, trouble is always fun when Nate is around.
The stellar lineup of actors lending their vocal talent to beloved characters include:
- Ben Giroux (Henry Danger, Danger Force, Hart of Dixie) like Nate wright – Nate Wright, Grade 6, thinks he’s AWESOME. He’s funny, entertaining, and even a little insecure, but he’s not about to let the rest of the world know that.
- Dove Cameron (Offspring, Liv and Maddie) like Ellen wright – Ellen is Nate’s older sister and the object of much anguish for Nate. If Ellen has any flaws, Nate has never seen them, but he’s determined to find them anyway.
- Rob delaney (Disaster, Deadpool 2, Hobbs & Shaw) like Martin wright – Martin is a great single dad to Nate and Ellen, but life hasn’t turned out exactly the way he planned. Being a parent of two is difficult, and he does it alone. But Martin is not complaining. Well he’s complaining, but who doesn’t?
- Bryce charles (Blackish, young love) like Dee Dee Holloway – Dee Dee is smart, excitable, and able to accomplish anything that boys are unable (or unwilling) to do, which makes her an invaluable member of the group.
- Daniel MK Cohen (Lego city adventures, Evidence) like Pope Francis – Francis tries to keep Nate’s crazy ideas under control, or at least to keep Nate out of unnecessary trouble. They’ve been inseparable since they met in kindergarten, and Francis is the friend Nate relies on the most.
- Arnie Pantoja (Final Fantasy VII remake, Trolls: the rhythm continues) like Teddy bear Ortiz – Teddy is Nate’s main co-conspirator, a partner in chaos always ready to follow Nate’s mad plans. But if there’s a chance they get caught, Teddy has an amazing way of disappearing.
- Charlie schlatter (The noisy house, Justice League action) like Chad Applewhite – Chad is a gentle and harmless child and one of Nate’s good friends. Like Teddy, Chad is ready to help Nate with whatever he wants, he’s just not bright enough to run away when the going gets tough. Kevin
- Michael richardson (The simpsons, American father!) like Principal Nichols – Director Nichols is a good guy who struggles to be an authority figure. He tries to act like a friend to his students, but he always comes across as an adult who tries way too hard to be “cool”.
- Carolyn Hennesy (LEGO Star Wars: Stars, Real blood) like Mrs Godfrey Affectionately nicknamed the “Creature Professor” by Nate, Mrs. Godfrey is more than worthy of her name. The woman is perpetually nervous and is always waiting for someone – usually Nate – to get off the line.
Grand Nate on Paramount + is produced by Mitch Watson (Hail to King Julian) and John Cohen (The Angry Birds movie) and produced by Amy McKenna (Watch out for the Batman), Peirce acting as a consultant throughout development and production. Bridget McMeel is a co-producer.
Peirce’s humorous books about Nate and his friends have spent over 150 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. the Grand Nate the book series (bignatebooks.com) is published worldwide in 33 languages and available as ebooks and audiobooks and as an app, Big Nate: Comic strip by U! Additionally, the comic is syndicated by Andrews McMeel Syndication and appears in over 400 newspapers and online daily at www.gocomics.com/bignate. The comic book collections are published by Andrews McMeel Publishing and the novels are published by HarperCollins Children’s Books.
Grand Nate joins Paramount + ‘s growing line of original and exclusive children’s programs, including Star Trek: Prodigy, Rugrats and Kamp Koral: SpongeBob SquarePants, and original films, including The SpongeBob movie: Sponge on the Run, The J Team, PAW Patrol: the movie and Clifford the big red dog, which recently premiered on the service the same day it hit theaters and set a new record as the service’s most-viewed original film.